Jesus said to watch events leading to the time of His return (Mark 13:35-37). Here is a list of ten items to watch related to Bible prophecy and predictions for 2016:
- Islam. Look for more moves by the Islamic State and Iran to attempt to increase influence. Terrorism and counter measures will take place (see Why Terrorism? Is Terrorism Prophesied?). Ultimately, a confederation of nations in the Middle East and Africa will form (Daniel 11:40-43; see also The Prophesied ‘Islamic’ Confederation), though the year for the final formation is unclear.
- The USA presidential election. Look for increased polarization in the USA as those that tend to support Democratic candidates as well as those who support Republican candidates will move further apart. Jesus warned, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand” (Matthew 12:25). While the USA will still exist at the end of 2016, there will be strains (see also Anglo – America in Prophecy & the Lost Tribes of Israel).
- Odd weather. This is something I wrote about years ago and had published in 2009, based upon scriptures including Matthew 24:7. This will continue (see also Weather Blessings and Sorrows).
- Debt. This is increase in USA debt is also something I wrote about years ago and had published in 2009, based upon scriptures including Habakkuk 2:6-8. This will continue–but one day will lead to the takeover of the USA (Habakkuk 2:6-8; Daniel 11:39; see also Anglo – America in Prophecy & the Lost Tribes of Israel).
- GMOs. Expect the trend towards genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) in the food supply for the USA and some other parts of the world to continue (see also GMOs and Bible Prophecy). Jesus spoke of famines to come in Matthew 24:7and GMO crop failure is likely some year.
- Ecumenical movement. Look for more moves towards ecumenical and interfaith cooperation. The United Nations, the Vatican, and others are motivated to produce something resembling the end time Mystery Babylon that Revelation 17 warns against (see also Will the Interfaith Movement Lead to Peace or Sudden Destruction? and Beware: Protestants Going Towards Ecumenical Destruction! and United Nations: Humankind’s Last Hope or New World Order?).
- Steps towards WWIII. While steps towards WWIII will occur in 2016 (see World War III: Steps in Progress), the Great Tribulation will NOT start then despite claims from some (watch Can the Great Tribulation Start in 2016?).
- Defense matters. Expect to see the USA turn more away from defending Europe unless almost being forced to, while also seeing the Europeans working to develop technology that will allow it to rise up (see European Technology and the Beast of Revelation) and one day start WWIII (see World War III: Steps in Progress).
- Sexual immorality. The New Testament has various predictions about sexual immorality in the end times (e.g. 2 Timothy 3:1-7) and this will contribute to destruction per Romans 1:18-32. This includes not only the homosexual agenda (see The Bible Condemns Homosexuality), but also the explosion of various forms of pornography (see Pornography: A scourge on society). While this will not cause the end in 2016, look for the trends related to the LGBT agenda and the increasing acceptance of pornography to continue.
- Gospel proclamation. Expect to see the Continuing Church of Godmake progress reaching people in more languages than ever before in 2016. Matthew 24:14 will be fulfilled and having materials in multiple languages will assist in that as well as leading to the conversions that are alluded to in Revelation 7:9-10. See alsoPreparing for the ‘Short Work’ and The Famine of the Word and The Final Phase of the Work.
More will happen in 2016, but I thought I would limit the list to ten items. And the list intentionally includes several items that the media does not tend to cover much–yet.
While the Great Tribulation cannot possibly start in 2016, events that are moving towards it, as well as the eventual establishment of the kingdom of God, will.
News presenter: John Hickey
Find out how world events are aligning with properly understood biblical prophecy, tune in below