Today, US President Barack Obama gave some comments about his views on him being president:
January 24, 2016
Eight years ago, candidate Barack Obama was campaigning for President, and our Lee Cowan was covering him. PRESIDENT Barack Obama has just under a year to go before leaving office, and he was in a reflective mood when Lee spoke with him in Detroit last Wednesday:
“It is such an extraordinary privilege to have this job,” said President Barack Obama, who added, “Look, there are times where you get tired. There are times where you’re frustrated.”
“That you wonder why you did this?” asked Cowan.
“Absolutely. And yet, there has not been a day that I have not walked into the Oval Office and understood that at no point in my life will I ever have the chance to do as much good and make as much of a difference in the lives of people as I do right now.
“And that’s precious. And so I’m going to try to squeeze every last little bit of good work that I can while I still have the chance.” http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-looks-back-upon-his-presidency-and-beyond/
In a sermon I gave yesterday (watch Proverbs 16-17: Accept God’s Instructions), I noted that the Book of Proverbs teaches:
2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the spirits. (Proverbs 16:2)
Barack Obama believes he is trying to do every “good work” that he can. Like nearly everyone, in his own mind he is doing right. But he really does not understand the ramifications of several of his actions and policies.
Consider that the Book of Proverbs also teaches:
25 There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 16:25)
Barack Obama and his Administration have pushed the LGBT agenda on the USA and other nations. This will not end well (cf. Romans 1:18-32).
The Bible teaches “be sure your sin will find you out” (Numbers 32:23).
The amount of admitted USA debt has nearly doubled during Barack Obama’s term of office and is expected to by the time his second term ends.
As far as international matters go, perhaps all should consider that it would seem that many in Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq believe their lives have dramatically worsened because of his policies of the last seven years. Many do not believe he has done a good work (watch also 2016: The State of the Apocalypse).
Regular readers of this page are aware that since his election in November 2008, I have written that Barack Obama was apocalyptic. At risk of repeat, here are some of the items I later listed in my bookBarack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States-Second Edition for Second Obama Term:
17 Reasons Why Barack Obama is Apocalyptic
The last book of the Bible is referred to as “Revelation” or the Apocalypse (the Greek term which means revealing, and this was given to the Apostle John on the island of Patmos, per Revelation 1:9). For purposes of this section, we will use the term “apocalyptic” to mean related to events that lead to the end-time events prophesied in the Bible.
Although Barack Obama is not, and will not, be the final Antichrist (see chapter 3), there are reasons to believe that the rising of the prophesied final ten-horned beast power (Revelation 13:1) and the destruction of the United States will take place under the Obama administration if it lasts two full terms (eight years). And this destruction is likely to include terrorism and partial nuclear devastation.
Catholic Cardinal Stafford (while head of the Apostolic Penitentiary of the Holy See [i]) claimed that Barack Obama was “aggressive, disruptive, and apocalyptic.“ Notice what he reported in November 2008:
Barack Obama… asserted, “We are not only going to win this election but also we are going to transform this nation………The first thing I will do as President is to sign The Freedom of Choice Act……..I put Roe at the center of my lesson plan on reproductive freedom when I taught Constitutional Law………..On this issue I will not yield..”… The content and rhetoric of Obama and Biden have elements similar to those described earlier: aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic…My use of the word “apocalyptic” would be emphatically biblical, rooted in the understanding of the Book of the Apocalypse.[ii]
Here are seventeen specific reasons indicating that President Barack Obama is “apocalyptic”:
- The timing of his election. It may be that only two or so presidential terms are left before the start of the Great Tribulation and the fulfillment of related prophecies in the Book of Revelation (called the Apocalypse by some Catholics). Barack Obama’s very presence (as well as his planned and unplanned actions) should be enough to enable the fulfillment of various end-time prophecies.
- As one with a Luo Kenyan father, Barack Obama may be part of the fulfillment of Deuteronomy 28:43.
- Since the Roe vs. Wade decision in 1973, the U.S.A. switched from being a creditor nation and instead has become the greatest debtor nation in the history of humankind—perhaps this is resulting in a biblical curse? Because the U.S.A. owes alien nations trillions of dollars, it appears that the curse in Deuteronomy 28:44 of having to borrow from aliens is happening now. President Barack Obama has put forth economic policies that will (for at least several years) greatly increase that debt and ultimately interest rates—this is something that the U.S.A. will not truly be able to afford. Increasing national debt will lead to destruction at the appointed time of the end (Habakkuk 2:3–8). Others will not be able to reverse enough of the debt to stop Habakkuk 2:3-8 from being fulfilled.
- Barack Obama has often pledged increased cooperation with the Europeans. And while cooperation is normally a good thing, this particular cooperation is leading to the rise of the prophesied King of the North, who is to be the final leader of the Beast of Revelation (Revelation 13:1). Unlike previous U.S. administrations, President Obama’s administration has declared that it will encourage and support increases in Europe’s own military, far beyond what Presidents Bush or Clinton were willing to consider.[iii] These policies are helping enable the rise of the King of the North/Beast power who will be in league with the final Antichrist.
- Barack Obama has called for increased dialogue with those considered enemies of the U.S.A. As mentioned earlier, even some Shi’ite Muslims believe that his presidency may lead to the rise of their Mahdi who seems to be the same person that the Bible calls the King of the South. An Egyptian magazine (Rose El-Youssef) claims that several members of the Muslim Brotherhood have infiltrated the Obama Administration.[iv] Even if that is not the case, Barack Obama’s political support of groups associated with the mainly Sunni Muslim Brotherhood will help lead to the formation of the final King of the South of Bible prophecy, even if he takes steps that many in the Islamic world disagree with.
- Because of domestic economic concerns and international pressures, Barack Obama is shifting priorities away from defense spending,[v] while encouraging the Europeans to increase their military might.[vi] This trend is expected to continue, and will help lead to the destruction of the United States, when the Europeans are ready and the U.S.A. is not (more on the reduction in relative U.S. nuclear power under Barack Obama is shown in Appendix A).
- Instead of completely strengthening the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS), Barack Obama’s Administration instead decided to rely on Europe’s upcoming Galileo “GPS” for part of the U.S.A.’s military defense.[vii] This would appear to give the rising European power a unique offensive and defensive capability against the U.S.A. (cf. Daniel 11:39; Revelation 13:3-4). It is dangerous to have a potential enemy control portions of one’s military communications systems.
- Instead of increasing the U.S.A.’s role in particle collider technology, similar to some previous administrations, Barack Obama’s Administration has greatly weakened that. So much so, there is only one remaining U.S. particle accelerator and it is at risk of being gutted or shut down.[viii] This is an area where Europe has clearly gained the lead over the U.S.A. since Barack Obama became president.
- Barack Obama’s debt and other economic policies are setting the United States up for food inflation and eventual food shortages. Food inflation is prophesied to occur in the Bible in Revelation 6:5-6.
- Barack Obama broke a campaign pledge about requiring that genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) in foods be labeled.[ix] And while he at some point in time may change on this, the fact is that he has taken steps to encourage the production and use of GMO “foods” (cf. Isaiah 55:2).[x] Increased reliance on GMOs by the United States puts the nation at major risk for nearly complete crop failures. The Bible warns that famines (Matthew 24:7) and food shortages (Revelation 6:5-6) are coming and Barack Obama has further helped set the stage for this.
- Barack Obama has made a variety of “class warfare” comments.[xi] Increased civil unrest is coming to the U.S.A. and Barack Obama has helped fan the flames for this—even if he is not re-elected. And although his Administration has sometimes encouraged and/or accommodated the Occupy movement,[xii] it and/or groups like it have and likely will turn against him and future administrations.
- In 2009, President Obama actually claimed, “the only measure of my success as president when people look back five years from now or nine years from now is going to be, did I get this economy fixed?…I’m going to be judged on, have we pulled ourselves out of recession?”[xiii] The God of the Bible expects leaders to encourage repentance and moral behaviors when they are subject to destructive punishment (cf. Jonah 3:6-9). Barack Obama, like many other U.S. presidents before him, does not seem to believe that the U.S.A. needs to repent for its sins against God, his policies seem to be focused on not relying on God. Yet, without national repentance, the U.S.A. is doomed for destruction (Isaiah 30:12-13; Daniel 11:39). Of course, people are supposed to pray for political leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-3), and that should be done irrespective if one agrees with the leader. Sometimes, leaders and/or their policies change.
- The Bible tells of having the gates of enemies as a blessing (Genesis 24:60). Losing sea gates would be consistent with being an end time curse. Barack Obama seems to be the first president in U.S. history to significantly back giving the “sea gate” of the Falkland Islands to Argentina, which is a position in dramatic opposition to the residents of the Falklands.[xiv]
- By focusing too much on threats from China and almost always considering the Europeans as allies, Barack Obama has helped put Australia at risk from China[xv]and the U.S.A. from Europe.
- Various regulations from the Obama Administration are contributing to an environment of self-censorship and government censorship. A “famine” of the word is prophesied (Amos 8:11) and the Obama Administration may impose broadcast, print, Internet, and/or restrictions.
- By encouraging and not discouraging aspects of immorality (such as abortion and homosexual unions), Barack Obama is setting the U.S.A. up for punishment (Isaiah 30:12-13; Romans 1:18-32) that has and will include troubles, violence, weather problems, earthquakes, food shortages, and pestilences (Mark 13:7-8; Luke 21:10-11). Despite some changes, these problems will worsen.
- On May 23 2012, Barack Obama claimed to see an end to the wars of the past decade and then said ”Now, we can see the light of a new day on the horizon.”[xvi] This sounds a lot like New-Age double-speak for declaring being at the dawn of an age of peace. The Bible warns repeatedly that false declarations of peace will lead to end time destruction (1 Thessalonians 5:3; Jeremiah 6:14-15).
Habakkuk 2 makes clear that at the appointed time of the end, a great borrowing people will be destroyed (Habakkuk 2:3-8). Something similar is in Deuteronomy 28:42-51. No nation in the history of humankind has ever accumulated as much debt as the United States of America (because the U.K. may have close to the highest amount of per capita debt,[xvii] its fate would seem to be similar). Yet, the relationship between debt accumulation and prophesied destruction remains unapparent to many.
And although President Obama inherited a debt-laden nation, his policies, according to his own public pronouncements, have lead and will continue to lead to greatly increased U.S.A. debt. These increases of debt are likely to continue past the point of no return and become one of the final factors that will cause creditors to rise up and destroy the U.S.A.
It seems clear that during his presidency, Barack Obama has been an apocalyptic enabler in the sense that his policies are helping lead to the rise of the prophesied final Kings of the North and South that Daniel 11 discusses, while weakening the U.S.A. militarily, morally, economically, and agriculturally. Nothing from his administration thus far suggests that he will call for meaningful massive repentance and turning back to God...